Dear Partners in Ministry,
There is a level of anticipation in my heart as we move into 2019. I believe this is going to be a landmark year for our District and many churches throughout Southern Missouri. But the key will be when God’s people pray!!!
I apologize that key links for the Sectional Council Tour and the Prayer Tour embedded in last week’s email failed. We were in the middle of launching the new website and somehow this caused the links to break. New links are provided below. If something goes wrong…simply go directly to somoag.org and you will be able to find the information you desire.
District Wednesday Prayer Directives
- Pray for the elections for sectional officers which will occur in January. Pray for the right leaders to be chosen to assist us to move forward. Do your best to be present for your meeting so you can take part. Here is link to schedule: Sectional Council Tour.
- Pray for an amazing move of God during the 2019 District Prayer Tour in February. Pray that ministers and churches will begin to make plans to participate. Here is link for the Prayer Tour Schedule: Prayer Tour.
- The only way that we have to track our progress toward the 4G goal of 100,000 in attendance on any given Sunday is the Annual Church Ministry Reports (ACMR). We struggle each year with getting reports in. Please pray with us that pastors and churches will be prompt on completing and filing these reports so we can get a clear picture on where we are in moving toward our goals.
- Churches across our District will be holding annual business meetings soon. Pray that God will guide as deacons and other local church leadership is being chosen. The leadership of a church often determines whether a church will move forward or not.
- This is the year for a number of the existing churches in our District to experience turn around. Pray that God will give wisdom to church leadership to know what they need to do to lead the church to spiritual and numerical growth so that they can impact their community and world for Christ in a greater way.
- Pray that we will see the God Given Great Goal (4G) of 100,000 in attendance on any given Sunday in A/G churches across Southern Missouri by 2020!
Thanks for teaming together in prayer. Meet you at the altar tomorrow!